the new year


No matter what has happened or not happened this year, how busy or how bored I've been, how happy or how sad, I have found time each day to pause, focus, reflect, search, embrace, or at least desire to embrace something or someone.

That, in and of itself, is powerful. Transformative. A reminder that we make time for what is important. That there is always time. Time for a moment, a word, a vision, a breath, a smile that can turn an entire day--an entire year--on its head.

And it all began with one word. A focus for the year. Declaring who I wanted to be and how I wanted to live 2013.

With arms wide open. Confronting fears head on. Receiving opportunities and unexpected gifts, ordinary days and extraordinary moments. Inviting the world into my heart and extending that invitation to you, in case seeing the world through my eyes might enlarge your vision as well.

Because none of us journey alone. We are called to be encouragers, to love one another, to build one another up. And you have done that for me this year.

Proverbs 29:18 says, "Where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained." I could have lived a scattered life, waiting until New Year's Eve to reflect back on what and who I was in 2013. But instead I invited God to create a vision for me, to guide and focus my days.

So today, on New Year's Eve, I don't have to look back. Because even though I didn't fully embrace everything that came my way, even though I still made mistakes and still have room to grow and there is still much to open my arms, ears, eyes, and heart to, it is time to look forward. To the New Year. At who and how I am called to live 2014.

EMBRACE THE NEW YEAR.

I don't have a word, a vision, yet for 2014. But it will come. And when it does, I hope to share it with you.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE