snow


I stopped my car in the middle of the street Saturday afternoon to roll down my window and snap this photo of the sledding hill in Wilmington, Ohio. It was loud with laughter and screams as kids, friends, siblings, and parents enjoyed the newly fallen snow.

Some of my favorite memories growing up are of the snow. Getting snowed in at Christmas in Iowa, Ohio, and even Texas. Sledding, skating, and snowball fights. Snowmen and snow caves. School delays and cancellations. Getting pulled on a sled behind a 4-wheeler and a tractor. Frostbite on our wrists and ankles and bellies.

Then, as an adult, moving to the mountains in California where they talked about an impending snowfall in terms of how many feet we would get, not inches. I learned to put chains on my tires because you don't stay home when it snows in the mountains. I wore snowshoes so as not to post-hole while hiking Big Trees. And we lined our driveways with Christmas lights so we could find our way home or to a party.

Over the weekend Jovi and I made snow angels. Because dogs have angels too you know.

Snow is magical. Whether you are standing at your kitchen window watching the kids play and giant flakes fall as you sip hot chocolate, or you are on the back of a sled barreling down your local sledding hill, snow has a way of warming the heart.

EMBRACE SNOW.

And all that comes with it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE