love notes

Recently Kenzi learned how to draw hearts. She's very excited about this new accomplishment and regularly tucks her drawings into my coat pockets. Which means I randomly come across these "love notes" when I'm looking for my grocery list, my car keys, and my gloves. And they always make me smile.

I couldn't tell you the last time I put my heart on paper. But it was a huge part of my adolescence. Writing and receiving words of affection in pencil or in pen. Paper folder fancy ways. Secretly passing my love to a girlfriend to pass to her boyfriend to pass on to mine.

And while I do adore a "Good morning beautiful" text, a comment on my Facebook page, or even an email filled with kindness, I absolutely treasure these hearts on paper, tucked quietly in my pockets, waiting to surprise me with a reminder that I am loved.  

EMBRACE LOVE NOTES.

When was the last time you wrote a love note? Or received one? Why not today! Even a few words on a simple post-it note placed on your loved one's steering wheel or bathroom mirror can brighten their entire day!

(Who remembers the "Love Letters of Great Men, Volume 1" scene from Sex and the City? A favorite!!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE