slow


It took 8 hours of being out of bed yesterday before I actually felt awake. I wasn't sleepy exactly; I just felt slow. And no amount of caffeine, fresh air, or daydreaming seemed to help.

It took my computer nearly as long to download the movie On The Road, which I thought might motivate me to finish the travel essay I've been working on.

Hanging out on Facebook I saw that lots of my friends were also feeling tired and unmotivated, with sinus pain and sticky allergy eyes like mine.

So I decided: perhaps some days we just need to give ourselves permission to be slow. And let our friends and our computers have slow days too. And pray that tomorrow we'll feel more up to speed.

EMBRACE SLOW.

And remember, slow doesn't mean "stuck." Slow just means 'not as fast as I'd planned.'


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE