challenge

My brother and I signed up for another triathlon. Actually he signed up for two more. I signed up for one. In September.

The real question was never "am I going to do another triathlon?" The real question was "am I going to do the mini (shortest) triathlon again, or am I going to take it to the next level?"


I signed up for the next level: the sprint. And my brother for the level beyond that: the olympic.

The mini includes a 250 yard swim, 7 mile bike ride, and 2 mile run.
The sprint a 750 meter swim, 20k bike, and 5k run.
And the olympic a 1500 meter swim, 40k bike, and 10k run.

I've done the mini. I know I can do the mini. I can even do the mini and not get last place. I'm not saying it was easy. Or that I couldn't improve on my time. Or that I might not get last the next time around. But it doesn't present the same challenge that it did before. Before I knew I could.


I want the challenge. I want to push further. I don't want to settle for what I know I can do. I want to do more. I want to do what I can't yet do. To make impossible possible.

EMBRACE CHALLENGE.

You'll never know what you can do if you don't take risks, if you don't strive for more, if you let "impossibility" deter you. Take the challenge!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE