seasonal novelties



I'm a really big fan of Cadbury eggs. Which is why I keep them in my freezer year round. Not enough that I can have them every day obviously. But enough that I can occasionally--once a month perhaps--satisfy my craving for the resurrection season.

My nieces and nephew have been contemplating their Halloween costumes all month.

"Elf on the Shelf", who hangs out during the month of December in order to tell Santa who has been naughty and who has been nice, is talked about at least through Spring.

These seasonal novelties may be all about the commercialization of holidays, but they also have the side effect of eliciting excitement and joy in us--the mood of the season.

We feel festive. Alive. We feel connected. Inspired.

Why wouldn't we want to feel that all year round?

EMBRACE SEASONAL NOVELTIES.

Both in and out of season.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE