appreciation

Tysen did not appreciate me
in this moment! Ha ha!
One of my "bosses" (I doubt she would claim that title but isn't that what you call someone who gives you work and makes sure you get paid for it?) emailed me yesterday afternoon and said: "We are SO glad you're on the team--not sure how we'd tackle this project without you!!"

I had just put in a 40-hour work week in 3 days (for a different "boss") and, even though I loved every minute of it, part of me was wondering if the work was making a difference. If it was worthwhile. Or if working a time zone away from my coworkers was more work for them than help.

So her comment came at the perfect time. It absolutely made the entire week's work worthwhile. It was just the encouragement I needed. To know I was valued. Appreciated. And part of the team.

We could all probably be better at showing our appreciation. To coworkers and bosses. Family and friends. Loved ones and enemies. Store clerks and wait staff. Pastors and priests. Strangers and everyone we meet. 

I know I could. 

So today I will say this: I appreciate you. I appreciate you for taking the time to read this blog. I appreciate you for sharing it with your friends. I appreciate you when you tell me how a particular blog has touched you, or how it has manifested in your life. I appreciate you when you comment, publicly or privately, to help me more fully embrace my word of the day. I appreciate you for listening to what the universe is telling you every day, even if you never share it with anyone else. I appreciate you for encouraging me on this journey called life. I appreciate you for being my friend. Even if we've never met!

Now go and EMBRACE APPRECIATION by telling someone today that you appreciate them, and what you appreciate them for (That detail proves your sincerity and makes all the difference!). 



Comments

  1. Amazing how the Lord sends these messages through you. I was just at Bob Evans this morning and as I was paying I let the girl know this was the best experience I had ever had at the Wilmington restaurant. Great service, great food and friendly people all around me! Thanks Katie love your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!! I bet you totally made her day!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE