eyebrows

My niece Tessa recently asked me why I have eyebrows.

I love seeing the world through her eyes. She is such a logical child that there has to be a reason for everything, including the "random" hair on a person's forehead.

I had no idea why we have eyebrows. Nor have I ever thought to question it. My only real thought about eyebrows has been that I hope I always have them so that I don't have to draw them on someday.

"You have them too," I said, running my fingers over her fine brows. This seemed to please her. She is still at that age where looking like Aunt Katie is "magical."

But I was still curious.

So I googled it.

According to How Stuff Works, in addition to adding a great deal of expression to our faces, our eyebrows act like little umbrellas, diverting sweat and rain from running into our eyes. Particularly helpful in the days before baseball caps!

I love it when Tessa's questions lead to such interesting revelations.

EMBRACE EYEBROWS.

The quest for knowledge not only satisfies our curiosities, but also reminds us that God cared about the smallest of details when creating us. He knows every hair on our heads, even those in our brows.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE