night

The nights are getting longer.

My body rhythm is starting to shift. Slowing down. Feeling more relaxed. Enjoying sleep. And sweat pants.

The animals are tuned to the shift of night as well. Nocturnal creatures embrace the coming of fall. The unhurried hours of the hunt.

My owl looked just like this as we tried not to collide!
A mile from home. Monday night. A little after 10. I'm driving. In the rain. A ghost sits on the side of the road. I slow. It rises. A barn owl. Wingspan as big as the car. Hovering in front of the windshield. Silently flapping. It seems to be too heavy to fly. I stare in awe. The owl stares back. Before finally disappearing into the night.

Meteor showers the last few nights. The night sky a wash of stars. Some falling. Some content to shine bright where they are.

Wonder. So much wonder. All held by the night.

EMBRACE THE NIGHT.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE