throwback thursday

Throwback Thursday, Flashback Friday, Memory Lane Monday... it is all about remembering and reminiscing, laughing and celebrating...



These are pictures of "my kids". Kids I tutored every week my sophomore year in college. At El Barrio. An after school program for inner city kids whose teachers taught in English but many of whose parents didn't even speak English as a second language. So they couldn't help with homework.

These kids taught me how to teach. How to live with compassion. How to tell jokes in Spanish. Pray in Arabic. And how to dance.

In turn I taught them how to multiply. English slang. That they could be loved by a stranger. And how to bob for apples.

They are in their early twenties by now. And I pray they stuck with reading and multiplying. I hope they are happy and embracing life. Loving and living and laughing. Dressing up for Halloween and perhaps even remembering the silly girl who taught them to bob for apples all those years ago.

EMBRACE THROWBACK THURSDAY.

When you come across an old photo, remember the moment, celebrate it with laughter or compassion, pray for those in the picture, and wish them well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE