samples

For the children's sermon at church yesterday Linda brought a box full of "samples". Miniature bottles of shampoos and lotions. And explained to the kids that these samples are meant to entice you to buy the larger version.

Similarly, she said, we are to be samples of God, enticing others to want to know Him, by living our lives like Jesus would.

"How can we be like these samples?" she asked.

"Babies!" Tessa shouted, perhaps conjuring a smaller version of herself, yet further convincing me that my niece has a direct line to God.

Because in my eyes, it was the perfect example. Babies are far too perfect to be samples of humanity. They are surely samples of God and all His goodness, mercy, and love. Created in His image. Changing our hearts for the better when they come into our lives.

Babies certainly make me want to know the Father more.

EMBRACE SAMPLES.

The Bible tells us to become like little children in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. If I can't remember what it is to see the world through a child's eyes, I can surely listen to Tessa tell me what she sees through hers.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE