pie with friends

Next week I'm driving to Arkansas to visit my grandmother. The last time I drove out she baked a pie and invited the neighbors over.

People I love, and who love me, and who I don't see often enough. And pie. What could be better than that!

I was thinking about this last night after having pie with my friend Terri, who I also don't see often enough. Our conversation was full and rich--dreams, frustrations, growth, discernment--because it is easy to eat delicious pie and talk deeply at the same time.

This simple act of communion was a reminder to me of the sweetness of our friendship. One that is definitely worth taking time out of our busy schedules to savor.

EMBRACE PIE WITH FRIENDS.

Do you have a friend you need to (re)connect with? Why not meet for pie!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE