doing

Remember that work I was in such a hurry to get to St. Louis for, just a couple of days ago (read EMBRACE WARMTH for a recap)?

Well, I didn't do any of it that night. Instead, I sat in the hotel's hot tub, ate another bowl of soup, and watched cable TV.

The work really did have to be done, though, so I got up the next morning and worked from 6 a.m. until 11 when I had to check out of my room (these are my "peak" working hours anyway, so I made way more progress than I would have if I'd skipped the hot tub the night before). I pulled into Starbucks at precisely the moment my boss's secretary was emailing me asking if the work was going to show up in her inbox anytime soon.

"Getting online at Starbucks. One minute." I replied.

Normally I would feel guilty that she had to send this reminder/request. But here is why I didn't this time...

The work I was doing was a manuscript critique for a book set to be published next year. About how to deepen your faith. Key to deepening your faith is actually living out what the Bible says. So, since the reason the critique was half a day late was because I was eating grilled cheese with a homeless man, I figured I should actually get bonus points for putting the precepts into practice.

Like it says in James 1:22, "Don't just listen to God's word. You must DO what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves."

EMBRACE DOING.

What is your favorite Bible verse? Do you believe it enough to do it?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE