working from home

My brother and I both work from home.
Riley at Crazy Cajun, Port A.

Thanks to technology, "working from home" means I can work in my home office in Ohio or his spare bedroom in Texas, in the airport in Atlanta or the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis, on my laptop or my phone.

For my brother it means walking down the hall and closing his office door in the morning and coming out to join his family for lunch at noon. It often involves sales calls and deliveries, but, like yesterday, we combined one of those deliveries with a Cajun dinner in Port Aransas.

There are downsides to working from home, like the expectation that you are available 24/7 by phone, text, or email. The potential for distraction. And, contrary to popular belief, it doesn't mean being able to set your own hours, since many of our clients and coworkers do have traditional office hours (and may be in various time zones).

But the fact that I was able to work yesterday, in Texas, while my niece took a nap and today we get to spend all day at the beach together definitely outweighs having to keep my phone on me at all times (which, unlike some of you, I would NOT do if it weren't for work).

EMBRACE WORKING FROM HOME.

I have been happier, healthier, and able to spend more quality time with my family since making the decision to work from home.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE