appliances

Last week my clothes dryer quit working. And, it turns out, requires $200 worth of repairs to fix.

Luckily I'm not one of those people who gets mad over such things. Sure, it is an inconvenience to my budget. And will require doing laundry at my parents house for a week. But getting upset about it isn't going to change anything.

Instead I decided to take this opportunity to thank God for all the appliances I have that DO work: God, thank you for my washing machine which still runs after 7 years and my dishwasher which is probably closer to 10. Thank you for the refrigerator which keeps my yogurt cold and the freezer that keeps my popsicles from melting. Thank you for a stove top so I can make eggs in the morning and a toaster oven to brown my Ezekiel bread. Thank you for a lawnmower to keep my grass trimmed and a vacuum cleaner to pick up the dirt I track into the house. Thank you for my crock pot, my iron, and my microwave. Thank you for central air conditioning so that I can sleep comfortably at night. Thank you for an attic fan, which came in handy today as my dad was installing a new vent pipe for my dryer. Thank you for griddles to make pancakes and blenders to make smoothies. Thank you for my stand mixer which makes mixing cookie dough so much easier. Thank you for my coffee maker. Thank you, thank you, thank you for my coffee maker. Amen.

EMBRACE APPLIANCES.

Most of us probably don't particularly enjoy doing laundry or dishes, ironing clothes or waiting for dinner to be ready. But imagine life without any of these appliances that we take for granted on a daily basis. We have so much to be grateful for!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE