the unexpected

I didn't expect Patricia to show up at church yesterday. She was a visitor. In need of prayer. I had even planned on saying during my sermon that church isn't the way it is portrayed on television, with people randomly dropping in to pray. But yesterday church was exactly like that. And we had the opportunity to be the church, to pray over her, to encourage her, to thank her for reminding us of our purpose. To invite her and her family to lunch.

I didn't expect my Internet to not work last night and this morning. To not be able to post this blog according to MY schedule. But it allowed me to go to bed earlier last night and to get to the gym earlier this morning. 

After my trip to the gym, I didn't expect the electricity to go out in Wal-Mart, or to be ushered out when it did (because the registers automatically shut off 20 minutes after a power outage). But I already had everything I needed in my cart, so anything that would have been added after that would have been unnecessary anyway. 

In fact, I was thankful my Internet wasn't working because I got to the gym 20 minutes early, and therefore to Wal-Mart 20 minutes early, and therefore wasn't turned away at the door because the registers were shut down, and therefore was able to buy a gift card to mail to Patricia to continue to encourage her on her path.  

And I was thankful that when I got home my Internet was "magically" up and running again.

EMBRACE THE UNEXPECTED.

Life may not always go according to MY plan, but it is clearly happening exactly as it should. 


No one expected Tysen to be so girly. She loves her tights!
And who taught her to pucker for pictures??!
I wouldn't change a thing about her!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE