thanksgiving

I've thoroughly enjoyed this month of gratitude! Thinking about who and what I am thankful for, as well as hearing what others are thankful for, has filled my heart with joy!

These are just a few that have stood out for me that I or my friends have been thankful for:
Letters in the mail. Growing up in church. Memories. Challenges. The things I have this year that I didn't last year. That hour after the kids go to bed when I can breathe deep, drink wine, and listen to them snore. Having a job. Having "too much" so I can give generously to others. Kids who love to read. Snow. A house to clean and clothes to wash. Health. Encouragement from friends when I'm sick. Laughter. Gathering around the table with family. Locks on the bathroom door. Haircuts. Safety in travel. That person in my life who I talk to every single day.
My 7-year-old nephew would add: meat, toys, ordering lunch a la carte, beating Aunt Katie at board games, Skylanders, and a cornucopia. After all, what is Thanksgiving without a cornucopia?!

Thanksgiving is all about giving thanks. Everyone has something to be thankful for, and most of us have far more than we even realize.

My friend Jacynda reminded me that one of the wonders of Thanksgiving is that it doesn't come with presents, at least not the tangible kind.

Adults don't have the stress of buying and budgeting and "will she like it" and "that toy is going home with Aunt Katie". Kids don't have the anxiety of looking at shiny paper out of the corner of their eyes while being told not to touch and forced to sit at the table during a leisurely family dinner.

We don't need "more" in order to be thankful. More gifts. More stress. More stuff.

We just need family. And thankful hearts.

EMBRACE THANKSGIVING.

Happy Thanksgiving dear friends! Please share with me or the people around your table today what you are thankful for!


Comments

  1. In between studying I am getting caught up on your blogs! Love your writings and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I love you too!! Good luck with your studies/test!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE