everybody

While eating dessert last night I asked Kaylee what she was thankful for "today".

She thought for a moment while eating the icing out of her pumpkin roll, then said enthusiastically, "Everything! And everybody! In the whole world!"

I told her that was the best possible thing I could think of to be thankful for.

Everybody.

Not just girls. Not just people in pink dresses (there was a lot of that happening last night). Not just people who look like me, or think like me, or act like me, or believe what I believe.

But everyone. In the whole wide world.

People I have met, and people I haven't yet. People I like instantly, and people it takes some work to find affection for. People I agree with, and people I don't. People I see everyday, people I would like to see more often, and people who have since passed from this earth.

Everyone. In the whole world.

I hope I can be thankful for that too. Not just in theory, but also in action.

EMBRACE EVERYBODY.

Kaylee is thankful for everybody. Are you?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE