friends

When I asked my nephew Kasen (age 7) what he was thankful for he replied quickly, "Trenton."

I asked him to tell me what about Trenton he was thankful for.

"He sits next to me. There is this other kid who tries to steal my seat. And I'm not very good at wrestling. So Trenton defends me. He protects me. He makes sure I'm safe."

In a world where bullying is far too prevalent, I am so grateful that Kasen has a friend who makes sure he is safe.

It's important to have friends. Who are there for you in laughter and when you are fighting back tears. On your most important days and your ordinary days and when you've made another ridiculous mistake. To listen when you need to talk and talk when you need to listen. Who you want to drop everything for because you know they would do the same for you.

I'm lucky enough to have those people in my life. People who would wrestle for me and make sure I'm safe. And I am indeed thankful.

EMBRACE FRIENDS.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE