authenticity

Thank you so much for embracing Tuesday's blog, EMBRACE VALUE, in which I shared some of the ugly thoughts that sometimes occupy my head. It's scary to let others inside our heads. Especially when we are really honest about what is going on in there. Your comments, your love, your admissions of "me too", were so appreciated.

The feedback that I received that touched me the most was this one: "Your authenticity is a tremendous gift."

More than "you are beautiful". More than "you look hot in a bikini". More than "I wish I looked that good".

Because the heart of that blog wasn't "I want to be pretty on the outside." The heart of it was "I don't feel pretty on the inside." Because when we don't feel pretty on the inside we try to compensate by making ourselves pretty on the outside, by having ideal bodies, being perfectionists, and looking like we have it all together.

So to be told that my inside, my authentic self, was not only beautiful, but A GIFT, made me feel more joy than a face without acne and thighs without cellulite ever could.

My friend went on to say that authenticity isn't about saying whatever is on your mind, but it's "that rare combination of vulnerability, transparency, and humility" that we long to see in one another.

My heart broke wide open when I read those words. This is exactly what I hope you can find in me, and in this blog.

Because it's only when we show our true selves that we can be loved for who we really are.

And give others permission to be themselves, their real selves, too.

EMBRACE AUTHENTICITY.

Be You! Don't hide from the world who only You can be, and what only You can give!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE