writing letters

In the past 15 years I have had 17 different mailing addresses covering 6 different states. But no matter what my address has been one thing hasn't changed: I love getting mail.

"Real mail", that is. A handwritten note from one of my grandmas. A card with two or three sentences of gratitude or encouragement or wishes from a friend. Postcards from travels. A box of homemade cookies with a Bible verse and prayer attached. Pictures and stories of home from my parents when I've moved away.

Letter writing is definitely a lost art. Even Christmas cards have lost the personal touch. I get boxed cards with only a signature at the end. Or a photo of your kids but no words to tell me where your heart is this season.

I've decided to change all that. At least in my own little world.

I'm committing to writing--pen to paper--a letter every week for the rest of this year. Will you take the challenge too?

I already have people in mind I want to write to. That friend who I stayed with two months ago, to thank her for her hospitality. That other friend who has a birthday but I have no idea what day it falls on so I've never sent her a birthday card. My uncle who loves orange. That family who lost their son way too young. The random address I found in the back of an old notebook.

I'd love to write to you too! So please send me your mailing address. Or the address of someone you think would love a handwritten note. No promises that you won't get a postcard with a picture of roadkill on it when I visit Arkansas next month, or a "Congratulations! It's a boy!" card on Immaculate Conception day. But I do promise that I will write it with my own hand.

If you want to send ME a handwritten letter, postcard, funny story, coloring page from your kids, or worst family photo ever but accompanied by a post-it about how much you love your life anyway, my mailbox is HUGE and would love to be filled!

Send to:

Katie Terrell
2438 Terrell Rd
New Vienna, OH 45159

(Yes, I do have my own street. Thank you for noticing!)

Post your address in the comments below, or message me on Facebook, or email: katiewonsik@gmail.com, or mail me a letter and include your return address!!

EMBRACE WRITING LETTERS.

My first handwritten note went in the mail today! Isn't this fun?!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE