peaches

Fresh goodness from Jacksons Market.
I dated a boy in junior high and high school who refused to eat peaches because they were fuzzy.

It's funny what you remember about people. I remember his favorite song, his phone number, how he looked in sweat pants, our last conversation on his parents' front porch when he asked me what I thought it would be like to "live with the stars." And, of course, that he wouldn't eat peaches.

He died in a car crash when we were still teenagers.

If he was alive today I would make him eat peaches. I would smash them against his face if I had to and let all the juice run down his stubbly chin and onto his sweatpants. Not one time but a million times. Or a million and one times. Because no one should leave this earth without eating a peach, fuzzy skin and all.

But since he's not here I'll eat one for him, not one but a million and one, while he waits in the stars for me.

EMBRACE PEACHES.

Don't let all that juicy goodness go to waste!


Comments

  1. My first girlfriend was addicted to lip balm--the kind that comes in weighty, circular, metallic containers. She also wrote very silly, very terrible poetry. I also developed an addiction to lip balm, but did not write poetry.

    I don't remember her number anymore, but I still remember where she lived. A few months back, I found her on Facebook. She's married now with no children and a cat. She never left the small, rural college town where she spent the whole of her undergraduate career.

    Jenny was very kind to me. Often I feel that I didn't really get my sea legs regarding relationships until I'd made lots of mistakes and persistent failures. Maybe I got it right the first time, though it took years for me to really recognize it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this! Thanks for sharing your memories! It's funny how we all have little "quirks" that we think are weird or embarrassing, but those can be the things that people will remember about us--with love--for a long time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE