tech support

"My computer won't stay on," I told the gentleman on the phone.
"What is your name?"
"Katie."
"K as in kilo?" He asked. We definitely weren't on the same continent.

After explaining to me the diagnostic tests he was going to run remotely on my computer he said, "This is going to take approximately eight minutes. What do you want to talk about?"

I love it!

We established that I was in Ohio where it was 44 degrees Fahrenheit and he was in India where it was 44 degrees Celsius. His brother is getting married this summer and Suresh (my tech guy) is looking forward to becoming an uncle in the next year or two.

"I apologize," he interrupted our conversation. "It is taking more than eight minutes."

No worries!

Soon enough I will call Kaylee
for tech support instead of India.
After discovering I was a writer of religious material he exclaimed, "You must come to India! All the religions in the world are here." I didn't tell him I had made the life-changing journey in 2006, afraid he wouldn't tell me more about the country he loves. He went on to describe the churches and temples and mosques, the flavors and spicy levels of curry, the Chinese and Afghani and Ethiopian cuisines that were also available, the unbearable summer heat.

He's been working in tech support for four years.
"It's all I can do," he said.
"You're very good at what you do," I replied.
"Your computer is fixed," he said, affirming my compliment.

"Can I call you later?" he asked. "To make sure it is still working. What time zone are you in?"

Suresh called me that afternoon and, after we were both satisfied that the computer is currently on the up and up, he closed my case.

EMBRACE TECH SUPPORT.

Even if you don't end up having an enlightening conversation about the richness of the Indian culture with Suresh, at least your computer will get fixed.


Watching The Big Bang Theory.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE