mystery

Lately nothing has amazed me.

Pastor Dan talked yesterday about similar times in his life when he hasn't immediately felt the presence of God. For him, he said it is usually when he is too busy, caught up in the dailiness of life and his to-do list.

That hit home for me. I'm definitely caught up in how ordinary my life feels here. Routine, mundane tasks; shallow conversations or ones full of talk and no action; feeling misunderstood. I'm all about embracing every moment, even the ordinary ones, but not to the detriment of wanting more. And yet I'm so easily influenced that it is easy to fall in to this trap of dailiness, and lack of amazement.

Pastor Dan's solution was to look for mystery. Look for God all around, recognize it all as part of His mystery. Discover yourself as part of that mystery--all that you are, all that you do.

Psalm 19 was the chosen text for yesterday's sermon:

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge.
They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them.
Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.

All around us is the mystery of God, waiting to be discovered, acknowledged, marveled at.

EMBRACE MYSTERY.

I know I'll be actively seeking to be amazed this week.


Listening to The Motions, by Matthew West, because I don't want to go through the motions of life for even one more day without being amazed.


Comments

  1. I think if we can truly seek to discern the presence of God, we can find it. But as we know, we must keep knocking. Everyone who asks, receives, and everyone who seeks, finds.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE