humor

I admittedly don't think there is anything funny about April Fools Day, or any other day that we intentionally try to make people look foolish.

I also don't think most people are as funny as they think they are.

I think humor is more often used to deflect, afflict, offend, and separate than it is to build community or bring joy into our lives.

But that doesn't mean I don't think we should laugh. Or use humor appropriately. After all, a cheerful heart is good medicine.

EMBRACE HUMOR.

May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing, uplifting, comforting, and nurturing. May they build community and add joy to all around me.


Watching Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist because, even though they don't laugh at each others' jokes, they still end up together in the end. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE