pampering

Jovi showing off her new look.
Jovi spent Friday morning getting pampered.

"You should put in a spa for people next door," I suggested to her groomers. "I wouldn't mind spending the next two hours getting my hair and nails done."

"You aren't the first to suggest it," Jennifer said. "We're talking to local salons. They won't relocate, but maybe we could get you a discount if you buy a groom for Jovi and one for yourself!"

As I thought about it, I decided I'd like them to put in a whole strip mall, because combining the practical and the pampering is really where it's at. While Jovi and I got facials and pedicures and haircuts, we could also be getting the oil changed in the car, hitting the ATM if we were short on cash, ordering Chinese takeout that would be ready precisely when our hair was done, and buying Karen Kingsbury's latest novel (because getting pampered wears you out, so you know we aren't going to be worth anything the rest of the day).

In reality, Jovi got pampered while I drove into town to go to the eye doctor, drop off a bag of stuff at Goodwill, buy Karen's new novel at the Christian bookstore, deposit checks at the ATM, and grab a turkey burger for lunch while reading 1 Corinthians. I'll have to make another trip into town to get a facial for me and an oil change for the car.

But Jovi was all smiles when I picked her up and that made me happy. At least one of us got pampered. As predicted, she came home and napped all afternoon while I finished up my taxes.

EMBRACE PAMPERING.

Taking care of yourself makes you feel good, look good, and it really is good for you. And your dog.


Reading The Chance, by Karen Kingsbury. This book has my heart brimming with love! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE