indulgence

This $9 tomato served at Osteria
Pronto
 was worth every penny.
Indianapolis, March 2013. 
I didn't need a pedicure in the middle of yesterday's snowstorm. But I got one anyway. 

I didn't have to leave a 50 percent tip for Bobby after sitting at the bar for brunch at Bronte's Bistro. But I left one anyway. 

I didn't have to try Starbucks' new Hazelnut Macchiato to know it would be amazing. But I tried it anyway.

I didn't need a king suite all to myself in a hotel in Indianapolis last weekend. But I stayed in one anyway.  

I don't have to walk my dog every two hours throughout the day (we live on a farm and she can roam hundreds of acres all day long on her own if she wants to). But I do anyway. 

I don't need to buy more books, but I want to support local bookstores. So I do anyway. 

I don't need to watch television, but Nashville is a total soap opera, and Zero Hour a brilliant mystery, and Dancing with the Stars absolute perfection. So I do anyway. 

I don't have to buy my nephew presents when it is his sisters' birthdays, but seeing his eyes light up is one of my greatest joys. So I do anyway. 


EMBRACE INDULGENCE

Because your to-do list shouldn't just consist of things you have to do, or need to do, but also things you want to do. You are worth it.


Listening to Garrett Hedlund and Leighton Meester sing Give In To Me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE