dodge ball

Someone literally put this shirt on my back last night.

Little did he know that I am embracing my fears this year, and I can't think of anything scarier than dodge ball.

Seriously. I would rather speak in front of 10,000 people than play dodge ball. I would rather go scuba diving (and I hate fish!) or sky diving. Maybe not bungee jumping because that is just plain stupid. But I would rather get gas in the "wrong" part of town in the middle of the night, fly to a foreign country with no luggage, kill a fuzzy spider... You get the idea.

Lucky for me this guy didn't ask me to play dodge ball. He simply held the shirt up to my back, said "Yep, you're a small," handed me the t-shirt and walked away.

EMBRACE DODGE BALL.

Sometimes the first step to embracing our fears is simply naming them.
Or wearing the t-shirt.



I was blessed to worship with All Sons and Daughters last night, and especially resonated with their song: Called Me Higher, because God calls us to live lives higher and deeper than our fears. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE