sisterhood

Summer. Ohio, 1999.
In 1999 while dancing with a cute stranger beside Mirror Lake at the Ohio State University I broke both of my talus bones. Sometimes we wonder why things like this happen, but I know the answer to this one: because God wanted me to have a sister.

Long story short, my brother fell in love with the athletic trainer who set me up with my orthopedic surgeon and three years later they were married.

Kari became my sister-in-law on that July day in 2002, but through the years she has become much more than that. She has become my confidante, my best friend, my sister. Well worth breaking my ankles for!

Today is her birthday and I want her to know how much I love her--not just because she is married to my brother and not just because she has brought five of the most beautiful children into my life, but because she is amazing all on her own, and she is MY sister.

With our tickets to see the Reds on opening night...
watch out Cincy it is girls night out in April!
EMBRACE SISTERHOOD.


Listening to Thank You For Being a Friend, wondering which Golden Girl I am and which one is Kari...







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE