inevitability

My horoscope in today's News Journal.
At an event I helped plan a couple years ago on the religious needs of different generations, an older gentleman--as old as my grandpas would be if they were still alive--said the secret to his life's happiness was his ability to embrace change--not force it, fight it, or fear it--but embrace it in its own time and its own way, because change is inevitable.

In the last year of my life my who, what, when, where, why, and how have all changed. None of the changes happened quickly. None were forced. None were easy--but I did not let fear stand in my way. And I not only lived through it, but I enjoyed the ride.

Everything changes in its own time and its own way. Instead of wasting time fighting, fearing, and forcing change, how about we learn to embrace the inevitability of change as a lifelong part of the process of this thing we call life.

EMBRACE INEVITABILITY




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE