blackouts

In Cuba the government regularly performs "blackouts",
shutting off electricity to the entire town
to remind the people who has control.
Who controls your life?
Baseball stadium, Puerto Padre, Cuba, 2004.
The Ravens were up 28-6 early in the third quarter of the Super Bowl Sunday when the stadium went dark. During the 34 minutes it took to get all the lights back on, the announcers said this was just what the 49ers needed to get back in the game.

And they were right. The niners came back to score 17 unanswered points after the blackout, and only ended up losing the game by three.

How many times in my own life have I experienced a "blackout" -- long stretches when I've been forced to stop, or couldn't see clearly to make my next move, or blew a fuse because I'd been trying to do too much -- and it ended up being exactly what I needed? Time to rest, re-group, make a new plan, re-evaluate how many different plugs are connected to the same outlet and which ones don't really need to be there.

The 49ers needed an extended time-out before they could be their best.
Sometimes I do too.

EMBRACE BLACKOUTS.


Listening to Home to Me by Sarah Darling.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE