restoration

On Saturday, as I drove to Cleveland to watch the Indians play the Minnesota Twins, I thought, "This is a day of restoration."

The last time I attended a major league baseball game, a mere month ago, the day didn't turn out quite as planned. I missed the game that I had been looking forward to for months when I succumbed to the flu in the second inning.

But the Bible says that after Job lost everything, God restored it all back to him. In fact, God gave Job twice what he had before. So I was determined Saturday that positive memories, enjoyment, and the spirit of the game would be restored to me, in full, or even greater.

Progressive Field. Cleveland, Ohio. May 4, 2013.

I was expecting overcast skies and mid 60s temps. I got 78 degrees and full sun.

I was expecting crowded seats and having to climb over people every time I had to go to the bathroom or get a drink. I got a patio set all to myself with lots of friendly neighbors who also had lots of leg room at their own patio sets.

I was expecting to pay $5 for a hot dog, another $5 for peanuts, and $4 for a bottled water. I got a full buffet included in my ticket price -- hot dogs, hamburgers, pulled pork sandwiches, mac and cheese, potato salad, popcorn, chocolate chip cookies, unlimited drinks. And a free t-shirt.

I was expecting to see some good baseball. I got balls hit at me all afternoon and another win for the Indians.

I was expecting to hear the band Sanctus Real play a song or two after the game in honor of the Indians' annual Faith Day. I got to hear Indians pitcher Justin Masterson give his testimony, followed by a full hour of Sanctus Real rocking the stadium and sharing their hearts.

Sanctus Real play Progressive Field. May 4, 2013.
Day of restoration? I'll say!

EMBRACE RESTORATION.

The Bible is full of restoration. God restores hope, comfort, fortunes, positions, health, cities, spirits, sight to the blind, friendship, and life to His people. And He can do the same for you and me.


Completely resonated with the song Redeemer, which Sanctus Real sang on Saturday: "I don't have every answer in life, But I'm trusting You one day at a time."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE