haircuts

"I wish I was as brave as you," Nicole said as she took the first whack at my hair. A good four inches landed at my feet.

Every time I cut my hair off I get the same reaction. "I wish I was so brave."

Why does getting a haircut require bravery? Why are we so attached to our hair? Why do men like women with long hair? Why does short hair on a woman make you think she is a lesbian or recovering from cancer? Why do men get so insecure about going bald?

After all, it's just hair.

This morning when I got up to run I didn't have to fuss with my hair. It took 15 seconds to wash it after my run and even less time to dry. It's convenient and cute. And six months from now I'll probably decide to grow it back out. And a year after that I'll cut it again. Why? Because it is just hair.

EMBRACE HAIRCUTS.

God called way more people to be barbers and hairdressers than He did to be Samsons (the one guy in the Bible whose strength was found in not cutting his hair), so surely that means God enjoys a cute pixie cut every now and again. So get brave if you need to and shed some hair!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE