new things

Tessa wishing for new things on her
birthday. February 25, 2013.
Tessa: "Aunt Katie, do you want to come over tomorrow to watch a new Lalaloopsy?"

Me: "No."

Tessa: "But don't you like to try new things?"


I've done all kinds of new things lately. Halo (salt) therapy. Gardening. Triathlon training. Drinking hemp milk. Not second guessing my decisions. Watching a new season of The Bachelorette. Going with the flow. Hanging pictures on my walls.

Some of these new things are more challenging than others. Some stretch me more. Some require more courage initially. And others are a no brainer.

But I've also encountered the possibility of new things that I have not yet embraced. Actually competing in a triathlon. Cleaning out my closets. Writing a novel. Not getting my feelings hurt so easily. Watching a new episode of Lalaloopsy. Hot yoga.

While I was not enticed by Tessa's request to watch a new cartoon with her, I do applaud her insight that it is important to try new things, even those things that we find difficult and challenging. (Maybe we can come up with something new to do together that we'll both enjoy, so I don't have to embrace Lalaloopsy!)

EMBRACE NEW THINGS.

The opportunity to try something new is available to us, each and every day!


Watching the Love Comes Softly collection, based on Janette Oke's novels. Reminiscent of Little House on the Prairie, they are filled with new things -- challenges and adventures -- while grounded in faith and family.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE