organizing

Whether you are color coding crayons or alphabetizing your collection of classic novels, there is
something calming, liberating even, about organizing. And yes, I did both of the above this week.

A few years ago, when my life was completely discombobulated and I couldn't even focus enough to eat dinner on a daily basis, I started my climb out of disarray by sorting nails. You'd be surprised at how many random nails you can find in your house and by the end of it I had three jelly jars full of small, medium, and large nails, and a fourth jar full of brown nails. I celebrated by making dinner.

Sometimes I organize things -- nails, books, my closet -- because my life is so disorganized. Sometimes I organize because it is less burdensome to find things when you need them. Sometimes I organize because I'm a strategic thinker who finds joy in making patterns where others see no patterns. Sometimes I organize because it helps me see what is actually clutter and needs to be given away, and what just needs to find its place on the shelf. Sometimes I organize for the sheer amazement of it -- who knew there were so many different shades of blue crayons!

EMBRACE ORGANIZING.

I might just tackle my closet today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE