rain

Sometimes you need to make your own rain.
Wyoming, 2001.
When I moved to California the sun came out every day for two straight months. Does it ever rain? I asked.

My body needed the weather's permission to retreat, to draw into myself, and remember that I am my own source of strength. I longed for the rivers to flood with rainwater, for the thirst of Chilnualna Falls to be satiated, for an excuse to stay in my mountain home all day with a box of James, Wharton, and Cather novels and a kettle at a perpetual boil on the gas stove.

While my countenance is brighter with the sun, it is so very important to EMBRACE RAIN.


Singing Bring on the Rain by Jo Dee Messina & Tim McGraw.

Comments

  1. I'm glad you are blogging. I've added you to my Google Reader.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE