awareness

Driving on 71 North. January, 2013.
Yesterday I drove to Berea where I spent four years as an undergrad. I didn't even notice the rain, the traffic. Only the good vibes coming out of my radio, the way the road felt like home beneath my tires, the comfort in my spirit at being on the road and going to a place familiar.

I took this photo somewhere between Columbus and Cleveland because I was happy. I liked my bracelet and my outfit and being on my own.

My destination was Kamm 215 where I once went to a sorority meeting.  I may have had a poetry class here too. Neither with the likes of Dr. Param Srikantia. Once I'd gotten over his foul mouth and unapologetic style he asked if we'd ever driven somewhere and, upon arriving, not known how we got there. That, perhaps, in "knowing the road like the back of your hand" you lost awareness and let that little creature on your lap take over while you went somewhere else.

It was obvious I was in the right place. And so for the next five hours as I listened to his lecture on "Why Life Sucks" I chose to EMBRACE AWARENESS.


Listening to Numb by Airborne Toxic Event.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE