mornings

I love getting up with the sun. I don't have curtains or blinds on my bedroom windows, so when daylight begins to stream in (or fog, as the case was this morning) I yawn and stretch and jump up to begin my day.

Some mornings are easier to jump out of bed than others. There are lots of variables. How well I slept the night before. If my arthritis is acting up. Whether or not my dog is here to run with me. If I went to bed with regret or anger or sadness. What is on the day's agenda.

Regardless of whether I jump up with vigor, or ease my way slowly out from under the covers, every morning promises a new opportunity. A day filled with potential. New books to be read, new lines to be written, new chances to do things right, fresh coffee to fill my cup. The old has gone the new has come. And the earlier I get up, the more time I have to embrace it.

EMBRACE MORNINGS.

The Book of Genesis records God's creation of the world in 6 days, resting on the 7th. Each day is marked by this phrase: "evening passed and morning came." We are so blessed that morning always comes.


Watching the new sitcom Save Me, because Anne Heche is quirky and weird in all the best ways. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE