apathy

I've talked to so many people who don't feel passionate about their personal and professional lives. Who are overworked and overwhelmed. Who judge and criticize and control due to frustration. Who are indifferent to the wonder around them. Who are resigned to this being their lot in life.

I too go through times when I lack motivation, excitement, compassion, or zest for anything, let alone life.

But I tend to see these moments as opportunities. Open doors to remembering what does trigger zeal in me. Occasion to explore new things. Time for adventure, seeking the excitement that is missing.

It's what led me to quit my job and move to California when I was 22. And how I ended up living in my car at 23.

It has taken me to India and Ecuador, brought me to yoga and triathlons.

It's how I know having a clean house isn't nearly as important as spending time with your parents. And hiking the Grand Canyon before you go in to work is far better than staying on the rim, worried that you might be tired or late.

It's saying yes to the thing you are called to do, NO MATTER WHAT.

It's asking God what you should be doing rather than doing nothing.

EMBRACE APATHY.

If you, too, are feeling over- or underwhelmed, use it to your advantage. See it as opportunity. Find the thing that brings you back to life.


Watching Here Comes the Boom. The title is terrible, but the movie is terrific.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE