40-40-40 ... Day 18: PAVE USA


Anyone who truly knows me knows how important this little girl is in my life. This summer we'll have spent 12 years together. My dad found her, locked in his barn, when she was only 6 weeks old. She was an ornery puppy, hard to potty train and chewing on anything she could get her little puppy teeth into.


But she showed up at just the right time... the week of my first divorce. I put up a good front on the outside, but most days this little girl was the only reason I got out of bed. She kept me moving and going.


Since then we've been on countless adventures together. Moving from Ohio to Indiana, then back to Ohio, next to California, and then down to Mexico. And we're about to embark on another epic road trip across the U.S. once again.


What does Jovi have to do with my 40-40-40 challenge? Today's donation goes to Paws Assisting Veterans (PAVE USA), which trains service dogs for veterans who suffer from mental or physical disabilities as a result of their military service. Jovi helped me in my time of need, so I know the value of a 4-legged companion during challenging times. It takes special trainers and a lot of work to prepare a dog to be a service animal, and I'm honored to support this organization.

ACTION STEPS

SHARE how your 4-legged friend has made a difference in your life.
WATCH these short videos from service men and women who have benefited from Paws Assisting Veterans.
FOSTER a dog while his/her owner is deployed through another great organization: PACT.
DONATE to Pave USA.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE