Good Intentions Will Only Get You So Far

One thing I've realized this week is that there is a huge difference between "intention" and "intentional."

Intention means "an aim or plan." But intentional means "to do on purpose."

In other words, good intentions will only get you so far, if you aren't intentional about carrying them out.


For example, my intention is to read a book a week this year. But I have to intentionally set aside time, approximately an hour a day, if I'm actually going to read those books.

My intention is to go to Bible study each week for the next 6 weeks. But I have to intentionally get in my car and drive to church for this to happen. Laying on the couch watching Grey's Anatomy is not going to get me to Bible study!

I have great intentions of being a happy, peaceful person who always sees the good in every situation. But when the toilet backs up into the shower like it did last night I have to be intentional about my thoughts and reactions.

Intention vs. Intentional: just two tiny letters at the end of a word make a huge impact!

This year I don't want to just have good intentions. I want to move from good intentions to actually being intentional about them; I want to actually fulfill them!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE