Not According to Plan

Even with the best of INTENTIONS, one of the challenges of life is that things rarely go according to plan.

It was the story of my day yesterday. I had planned on finishing one writing project in the morning so that I could move on to another in the afternoon. But the morning project ended up taking all day. Which means more work for me today.


It was the story of my day Sunday. Randy and I had planned on going to breakfast and then the 9:45 service at church, but when we arrived at our local diner, we knew there was no way we could get served, eat, and still make it to church on time. We decided to sit down at the diner anyway. We laughed as we played Trivial Pursuit with the cards that they place on every table, we chatted with the people at the table next to us, and eventually we enjoyed a delicious breakfast scramble. By that point, church had been going for 30 minutes, so instead of speeding across town and sneaking in late, we went to a nearby walking trail and enjoyed the sun and one another's company.


I'll admit that I was much more relaxed about our interruptions on Sunday than I was during my work day yesterday. But it doesn't take long to realize that being irritated by interruptions doesn't do anything to change them. Being frustrated is not going to get my work done any quicker. Being irritated isn't going to help me relish a leisurely breakfast with my husband. And being frustrated certainly doesn't allow me to INTENTIONALLY enjoy my life.

But today I will do my best to get my work schedule back on track. So that the next time my plans get interrupted I won't find myself even further behind!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE