AUGUST

This month I completed a writing/editing project I have been working on about how to triumph when you are going through life's inevitable trials. Apparently saying "yes" to this project was akin to praying for patience: I was given plenty of opportunities to "practice". (If you've never prayed for patience before, do so carefully!)

During this period of writing about how to triumph over trials, my ex-husband died. My mom got E.Coli ... twice. My husband took a staple-gun to the face. My step-daughter was in a car accident. My niece broke her wrist (on my watch, no less). My brother-in-law had a heart attack, followed by a stroke. My aunt injured her back. Another family member went into temporary foster care. Both our dogs have been sick. I ended up in the clinic after an encounter with a rusty nail. And those are just the trials in my immediate family that I know about! Sheesh! Would someone please pray that my next project is on prosperity?!

Chances are that all of these things would have happened anyway, even if I hadn't been working on the project. But because of the project, I was forced to look for ways to triumph in each of these situations. Primarily through focusing on the promise that "weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning" (Psalm 30:5).


Psalm 42:8 says, "When my soul is in the dumps, I rehearse everything I know of you" (MSG). Remembering that God is good and He works all things together for good and He has a good plan for my life has not only kept me afloat, but allowed me to triumph in these trials.

Staying positive has allowed me to see that a lot of really great things have happened recently, even in the midst of all the trouble. I connected with a great support group who encourage me week after week. Randy started his second year at East Clinton High School, and his employer has been so understanding about his need to book a same-day flight to California to spend a week with his brother. And his brother has had a miraculous recovery, moving into a rehab facility today to begin speech and occupational therapy. Mom's health improved so my parents were able to vacation with family in Oklahoma. Everyone else's health is also on the mend, and my tetanus shot didn't even hurt. I met with a Clearness Committee and am beginning the process to become recorded as a Minister of the Gospel. I reconnected with former coworkers at a retirement party in Indiana and hope to stay in closer contact with this great group of women. I have a couple of exciting job interviews set up, and hope to have more good news to report on that front next month!


The adoption agency reached out to us, and we assured them that we are making good progress on the house and will be able to have our home inspection in the next couple of months. Randy worked on plumbing and electric in August, framing the downstairs walls, enclosing the garage to turn it into our master bedroom, and wrapping the house. We'll soon be adding windows, siding and a roof, then on to drywall!






Randy's unexpected trip to California has set us back in both our timeline to complete the house and finances to fund the adoption. If you feel so inclined and have anything extra to spare, we'd appreciate the financial support at our GoFundMe page. Every little bit helps! Once we've raised $6,000 we'll be able to make our first deposit and take the next steps towards giving these boys the forever home that every child deserves.

Help us with adoption expenses here: Tu Puedes Adoptarme


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

names

forgiveness

MORE